It’s soup season! This is one of my favorites & I had to share.
This Tuscan white bean and kale soup is a hearty, yummy soup that’s great for those chilly fall days. It is a crowd favorite & is even vegan-friendly!! I, myself am not a vegan, but this is so stinking good. Serve with your favorite bread or crackers on the side.
Trust me, you won’t be disappointed! ◡̈
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium leek, diced (white and light green part only)
1 medium carrot, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
250 g (1/2 lb) cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 x 400 g (14 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 litres (6 cups) vegetable stock
1 bunch cavolo nero (Tuscan kale), stems removed, shredded
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot and saute the leek, carrot and celery for 8-10 minutes over medium heat until they soften.
2. Stir in the garlic and red chilli flakes and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-5, stirring occasionally, until they start to break down.
3. Next, stir in the fresh thyme and rosemary, then add the beans and veggie stock. Stir to combine and bring the soup to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes with a lid on, then stir in the cavolo nero. Put the lid back on and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes until the kale wilts.
5. Stir in the fresh parsley, season to taste, and serve with crusty bread.
Tag me on Instagram if you give this recipe a try!
**disclaimer: not my own recipe – found on Pinterest!